God always has a plan. Always! In fact, He plans pretty far out. The Scriptures tell us that before He created the world, He already established The Plan of Salvation. He put into motion that Jesus would become the Intermediator: fully man, fully God. Yes, pretty far out – He planned the whole thing.
God’s Story Line, Plot, Climax, and Resolution
You know the story. Summed up it looks like this:
- virgin birth,
- living and growing up as a human,
- sacrifice on the cross,
- THEN – He created the world.
Knowing God always has a plan is comforting – IF you also believe He is good, loving, kind, and the source of all wisdom. The Scriptures teach God possesses all these admirable qualities. Since God overflows with these attributes, His judgments are trustworthy and fair. God’s intelligence is unmatched. His compassions never fail. His timing is impeccable. There is no attribute God possesses that contradicts any other of His attributes. His character – His very nature – is credible and congruent in every manner. So, as you invest your personal and individual trust in His plan, you can personally rest. You drink in His peace even as you read and process His story from Scripture.
Let’s review some comforting, relational, and powerful facts about God:
- God will never be found without a brilliant plan in place.
- He will never get behind.
- It is not possible for God to forget – not even the details.
- He will never be caught off guard.
- His approach of love and compassion is never in short supply.
How He Does It
God works through the properties He created: time, space, physics, chemistry, etc. He works miracles – even today – that often look differently than you picture. His sustaining power is pulsating all around you. He is eager to help by putting His right hand on your Right Hand. God’s heart is leaning toward you. He is quite an Intermediator. And He’s an excellent negotiator on your behalf. He proved this at the cross as He negotiated your salvation with God.
Although mankind is not, God is utterly faithful. The first covenant God established with man was through the sacrificial system. It was given to set a temporary path – not God’s final plan. This system gave His people a picture, a taste, a promise, a provision, and it set the stage for the developing story climax. All part of The Plan He set up before creation.
When the pre-established time was right, God put His new covenant into place through Jesus. No longer was connection with God a step removed. The sacrifices and temple became obsolete as Jesus became the Sacrifice and the hearts of His people became His newTemple. Yes – Emmanuel right inside your body and spirit! You are the temple of God. (1 Cor. 6:19)
Before creation, God, the Extraordinary Strategist, set His plans in motion. You are part of His strategy. Because you are the recipient of His love, you have an important role in the development of this exciting story being told over centuries. God wrote a script just for YOU. Yes, He intentionally developed your character. Here is a thumbnail peek:
- I will put My laws in your mind.
- My laws – I will personally write on your heart.
- I will be your God.
- You will be My precious child.
- You will learn directly from Me over learning from others. I AM your new Intensive Trainer.
- You will know Me more and more.
- I will choose to forget all your sins. They are covered.
(This wonderful promised script line for your character role in God’s story is found in Heb. 8:10)
If God plans pretty far out, you can be sure He is “all over” the chapters of your life! He starts with the above script. But the script is fleshed out each day with your unique personality, skill set, and responsibilities. In other words, you help write the story. This is an interactive story, a partnership with God. God wants you to use your will to accomplish things that please Him.
Some Excellent Questions to Ask Yourself
- Will you say “yes” to this script God wrote for you?
- Will you ask Him to show you how to live your script in HIStory?
- What about God’s interests? Are you willing to place them above your own and be a living sacrifice?
- Are you ready to commit to fully be “you?” To be the character God needs in His story? To use your mind and uniqueness to portray His glory during your chapter on His stage?
- What will you do to manage your schedule today to partner with God in His great plan?
Article developed from Heb. 8:7-12.