Listen To This Content
To help manage your busy schedule, you can listen to today’s content. Just click on the player above. We’re also published on popular podcast apps, so you can sign up to receive our weekly episodes. Now let’s explore content about Interconnector.
1. Brief Daily Focus – Interconnector
You need a bridge between you and God. Someone very much like you who understands you. Someone very much like God who understands Him. Jesus is your Interconnector to:
- Heaven. Sin can no longer keep you out of Heaven! Jesus remains your bridge. So, draw close to God in all situations, and enjoy a little Heaven now.
- The Most Holy Place. Jesus connects your human heart here on earth to the holy place in God’s unseen dimension.
- Supply House. Because you have Jesus, all your needs will be met, promises kept, wisdom made available, provisions also available.
- Strength. As Interconnector in your problems and sufferings, Jesus binds you to God’s heart in all your difficulties. Bound to God, you are stronger than on your own.
- Joy. Even when unexplainable, you can be satisfied, positive, confident, joyful. Jesus gives you perspective in good and bad times.
- Peace. Abiding calmness and assurance – peace that passes understanding – in good times and life’s storms, stresses, or even losses. Jesus, your Interconnector gives you peace. (Jn. 14:27)
- Hope. Because God is still in control and loves you deeply, hope is yours. God is at work where you can’t see.
- Perspective. He helps you see the big picture and how it affects your life. He keeps you on track and motivated. Perspective is the choice that prevents bitterness, deters discouragement, and protects your heart and mind.
Why not bridge into Jesus for everything you need to live a healthy life in Christ?
- “For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!” (Rom. 5:10)
- “All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.” (2 Cor. 5:18)
- “. . . through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross.” (Col. 1:20)
- “He, Himself, is our peace.” (Eph. 2:14)
2. Fun Activity
Hide Easter baskets with a small assortment of candies, perhaps a small story book about Easter, and a few surprise treats/tiny gifts. Include a meaningful token – like a cross. Children (and adults!) LOVE searching for goodies! Keep it fun and full of adventure.
Then set a time for the hunt!
- If you keep this fun tradition, even grown-up kids just might ask for “the hunt” when they are older. The challenge for YOU is finding hiding places hard enough.
- Perhaps for a friend, roommate, elderly person, or someone in need, you can make a special small basket – with or without a hunt!
P.S. Some people traditionally do the Easter Hunt on Sunday. If that is your preference, use Day 6 (today’s) TEACHING POINT to build anticipation for the next day’s hunt.
IN FACT, to build anticipation for the hunt, you can have kids (or adults) remember one of the most memorable places they ever found their Easter basket. Invite people to share their “best hiding place!” Then talk about how God has so many “best hiding places” you find His blessings each day. However, you have to be looking for them!
3. Teaching Point
Just as children hunt for their baskets with eager expectation and delight, so Jesus followers should hunt for Jesus in daily life. Eager expectation and delight! He is very present and wants to be found! God knows people love to hunt for and find treasure. The same is true in pursuing Jesus. “You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.” (Jer. 29:13)
Just like an Easter basket, Jesus is full of wonderful blessings, provisions, deep love, healing, encouragement, deliverance, and even super exciting surprises . . . but most of all – JOY!
Are you engaged in eager expectation and delight as you seek the Interconnector who connects you to your true Father?
Go over the flannel story again or use the Resurrection Egg Set.
BONUS FOR YOUR EASTER TOOL BOX: “When You Run Out of Ideas of Where to Hide An Easter Basket”
Visit our website for devotional materials, articles, podcasts, and resources to help grow your faith in God.
In order to receive weekly encouragement in your inbox, Sign up on our email list.